View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
Chelee

Pattyz, Yours is a very encouraging post. Other then the brain mets you've had to deal with...you have done GREAT! So only 4 months of herceptin...that is fantastic. That's what's so up in the air about herceptin...I've seen so many do good that's stayed on it...and some like you that has had smaller amounts & have done just as well. I realize they just don't have all the answers yet on herceptin, but I am glad I did get at least the year of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mary Anne, Ok...give me the name and address of YOUR onc...maybe he will ok my herceptin. lol I really don't know why my onc should care if I stay on herceptin IF my insurance company will cover it? (And they will.) I am the one willing to take the risk of continuing...so what's it to them? Other then the expense. Since I am in a HMO...I always feel like what it really comes down to is them *saving* money at every turn. (Even if that is not the case.)
Mary Anne, what you said does *not* sound whacky at all. I sure wish I had an onc that would allow me to stay on it. As someone else once mentioned...I feel like why would you take someone off there blood pressure meds or diabetic meds...seems the same with herceptin even if its not? I hope they come up with some answers on this soon.

Thanks to both of you for replying.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote