View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
Becky

Thank you very much. Today is my cancerversary too - same as Juanita and the same amount of years (3). I also had my onc appointment (coincidentally) today and all is well.

I am happy to be doing and feeling well because 3 years ago (having had surgery), I was not too sure of anything. You need to learn so much so fast and not make a mistake. I remember coming home from the lumpectomy and insisting my husband go to the school to work on a project I volunteered for months before (my mom stayed with me). The next day, I made several medical onc appointments for my opinions and called the pathology dept of the hospital I had the lumpectomy at to have them send my slides to Sloan Kettering for a second opinion. My mom was blown away. After all that was done, I took 2 percosets and crashed. What a life we lead.

I am grateful for this board and all of you. It brings me back to the beginning when Lolly, StephN, Al from Canada, Alaska Angel, Rozebud, Cathya as well as others who are not with us anymore (Lisa, SandyH, Tom (after his mother passed away)) who really helped me when I knew nothing and Herceptin wasn't available yet (I got it later, 4 months after my last chemo). RB and Lani are also so important to all of us. (I do feel RB is right on about fatty acid chemistry and its role in inflammation on the formation of cancers).

You are all very special and thank you for remembering me. Now... I just have to decide what I really want to buy myself this cancerversary (in fact, one of the chemo nurses saw me today and asked what I was going to buy myself this year)???

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote