View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #75
Lori R

Re: TDM-1 side effects

Michka,
Yes, yes and yes to the side effects.

Eyes - I mentioned my failing eye site to my Dr. who informed me that the dry eyes were the cause. I went to my opthamolgist who confirmed I have very dry eyes. He gave me eye drops to use twice a day and also a fish oil supplement. (still need to review with my onc) If it persists there is a drug the opthamologist can prescribe but of course I don't want to take that step. The dry eyes are strange as I just can't focus. I have to blink two or three times to read something...even with my glasses on.

Dry mouth - UGH...doesn't this drive you nuts???? I kept thinking I was just thirsty and kept trying to drink more and more. So, I went and bought an over the counter dry mouth rinse called biotene. It is kind of weird, but it has helped to keep in bearable.

Definately sore throat. It just feels so raw. I haven't figured out what to do here. Any suggestions??

Finally the acne...you just explained something. I am day 6 after my treatment and I have what looks like a pimple on the end of my nose!! Lovely. My thoughts immediately jumped to skin cancer....so you post has eliminated my concern. I must go back to my teenage years and come up with creative ways to hide it. Sigh!!!

So we are very much tracking on the side effects. I just hope this is working. More on that later.

I hope some of my suggestions help....I find knowing we are not alone, very comforting.
Node + 2/14 - Single Liver Met
Double Mastectomy
Nov - Begin T+H
Feb-Complete 6 cycles- T&H- NED
March - Continue - Herceptin Only
April - Rads for 6 weeks
Continue Herceptin - Continue NED
April - Recurrance- 3 cm. Liver Met
May - Cryosurgery
June - November - Abraxane + Herceptin
Aug - PET/CT - CTC = 0 Back to NED
January - Continue NED
July - Recurrance - 3 cm Liver Met CTC=1
August - Cryosurgery #2
August - November Navelbine
November - Back to NED - End Navelbine
Feb - Recur - 4 cm Liver Met - Same Left Lobe
March Surgery it is -Couldn't get a clean margin
July - Confirmed continued liver involvement
August - Begin Herceptin + Tykerb
October - Mixed results from H+T
Add Abraxane + H + T - Nov - April
January PET Scan - It's working!!
April - Back to NED
July - Recurrance
August - Begin TDM-1 Trial (Taxol + TDM-1)
Lori R is offline   Reply With Quote