Thread: Eight years
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #15
karen z

Re: Eight years

Mel: Many thanks- I, too, think about how much fun we had and how much laughter there was.........as well as our faces on that boat trip! Great times.
Becky: It has indeed been a long strange trip (that has passed more quickly than I could have imagined). Nine is fine sounds good for the next group up!
'Lizbeth: I am starting to seriously think already about visits (and how often and long I can go for). I seriously hope my daughter is good at staying in touch (I was very good with my mom but I know my daughter is her own person).
Lois: Yes, I had better learn to Skype. It is good to know that Bella is ready for such a very exciting point in her life. Although it doesn't seem thrilling to be at this point myself.........I am trying to deal and will work on the summer.
Jean: Thanks for reminding me that life goes on. It hasn't been feeling like that with an only child going off to campus but I know it will be fine. Happy Mom's Day.
To Susan and Jackie: Many thanks. Yes, we do have much to be grateful for and I need to focus on that.
Steph: Time has certainly flown by.......at an increasingly fast rate ! I hope I can step up my work on walking, etc. with fewer responsibilities and more time in my future.
Tricia and Alice: I have no idea how eight years have gone by. In so many ways my diagnosis seems like a lifetime ago........In other ways like yesterday. Having cancer and going through it is pretty surreal.
Hi Ceesun and Caya: Thank you so much for your good wishes. I appreciate them.
Hey Rhonda: Deep breaths sound like a real good idea about right now. And thanks for the reminder of what I might have done right. Sometimes I forget or focus on what I could have done better. But I think my kid is ready for this and I am very proud of her. Boy, we are both empty nesters at the same time. I think I had better find some good ways to be more creative as well as distracted. I would appreciate suggestions !

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. To my SABCS buds.......wish we could sit on the Riverwalk with our Starbucks coffee and catch up (especially now that it must be warmer there). Also, wish we could cruise through Macy's, see the Alamo movie yet again, and find cool jewelry and more at all the little "shops" around the river. In other words.......I wish we could have Scotty from Startreck "beam us" there right now ! I need that !!! Miss everyone.
karen z is offline   Reply With Quote