View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Joanne S

Re: Affinitor and rash and extreme itch

Thanks to both of you for your replies!!!

NuGard (Rx) was prescribed by my oncologist at the same time Affinitor and Exemestane were prescribed. I was instructed: Use a soft toothbrush with warm water for brushing. Do not use any mouthwashes that contains Alcohol. Do not use any toothpaste that contains whitening or tartar control. Warm salt-water mouth rinsing may also be helpful. Use NuGard 5-6 times daily. Keep in mouth 1-2 minutes and do not rinse. No food or drink for one hour after each use. Avoid hot (temperature) foods, grapefruit and spicy hot foods and take small bites. Do not use dental floss unless it is part of your regular routine.

Affinitor is 10mg. I make sure I take the Affinitor with 16 ounces of water. I was wondering , How soon after starting Affinitor did you start having mouth sores?

I've been taking Affinitor for a week now. Fortunately no mouth sores so far. And no itching so far. I have severe dry mouth and chapped lips and my gums feel very sensitive and tender. I have experienced some pea-size tender pimple/cyst-like breakout on my scalp. Although I drink lots of water, my skin from head to toe is severely dehydrated and looks old, dry, wrinkled chicken like skin. It looks like my skin has aged 15 years in one week. I have had a headache for 3 days, which finally diminished yesterday. Not sure if it's related to the Affinitor-Exemestane combo or not? Though no constant, I've experienced some new minor bone pain in my head, arms, legs and hips. Of course, I continue to have same the back pain problems I had for several years.

Thank you my HER-2 friends. May God Bless You with continued improvment and wellness. Please let me know how you are doing? Hugs, Joanne
Feb12,2007...Surg MRM Left & SM Right, reconstruct w/expanders
Mar07-Jun07...Saline Exp
Jun07...Start Tamoxifen
Jun07-Aug07...Rad x 25
Jun07-Oct07...Persistent fevers-unknown origin
Jun07-Nov07...PT for Severe PMPS & Capsular Contracture
Nov07...Surg Capsulectomy, Gel Implants, PMPS pain gone instantly.
Feb08...NED 1st CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb08...2 months post surgery Caps Cont again :(
Mar08...Stop Tamoxifen. Start Arimidex.
Apr08...Sudden high fever, Hosp ICU 10 days, staph infect, emerg surg, implants removed. Outpt IVantibiotics Daily x 6 weeks
Feb11...NED 5th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb12...NED 6th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Aug12...Spotting. Surg=D&C
Sep12...STAGE IV = RARE BC METS TO UTERUS ILC ER+/PR+/HER2-Negative) (Different BC than originally diagnosed = IDC ER+/PR+/HER2+).
Sep12...Stop Arimidex. Start Afinitor & Aromasin.
Jan13...MRI = no progression no reduction
Apr13...Progression. Stop Afinitor & Aromasin.
Apr13...Start Chemo: Taxol & Carboplatin.
Nov13...Scans & Pelvic 95+% Reduction. Nueropathy>Stop chemo start Fareston.
Jan14...PET scan = no progression stable.
May14...Pelvic > Bleeding & cramps. TMs up.
May14...PET scan = uterine progression :(
May14...Stop Fareston. Start Chemo: Xeloda.

Joanne S is offline   Reply With Quote