Thread: Herceptin alone
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 01:44 PM   #16
Mary Anne in TX

We are all so totally different! Our tumors are different, how we respond to the drugs is different, how we feel about treatment options is different. And I so hope that they are learning from all our differences and adjusting for the "new kids"!
I did what at the time seemed like lots of chemo. If I could do it again, I think I might try one more cycle. As I read the signatures of everyone, I am so amazed at how differently we are treated. I know that they are still learning and a few years from now they will know so much more! I guess I'd just rather do a whole lot on the front end, in hopes of not having to do more later!
I'd stay on herceptin forever if they would let me. I just believe with all my heart that it is not only holding off recurrence, but impacting other things in me as well. I feel like the "old me" of 7 or 8 years ago. I'm still 62, but it's like I'm back incharge of my body again.
For however long it lasts, I am soooooo grateful!
Good luck on your decision! None of this is easy! We're still forging new paths! And please keep us up with your progress!
ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote