View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 07:04 AM   #48
Donna

Jojo: Thank you so much for your reply. I am new to this Her2 board. Someone told me about this board and am so grateful for it. This is my third occurence of breast cancer. The first two were in 1997 and 1999 and were non invasive. In March 2005 I was in a car accident and was in the hospital for 7 days. When I got out of the hospital, I followed up with my onco for my 6 month check up and my labs were off. At first he thought it was from my car accident because I had injured my kidney in the accident. Well when I went to my breast surgeon for followup, he found a lump which the onco or myself did not pick up. He did a fine needle aspiration and found the cancer again. Needless to say, I was in shock after 5 1/2 years of being ned. I had been taking Tamoxifen for 5 years and was taken off it in 2004 of May. My onco told me since I was not menopausal he did not want to put me on femara. Well now it was in 3 lymphnodes out of 13. I just finished up A/C x 4 and my NEW ONCO has recommended Herceptin along with the Taxol. My big concern was the potential for heart problems but your answer has helped me and thank you.

Regards all,
Donna