View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
Esther

Back on Herceptin + Tykerb

I had my first infusion of Herceptin today, since I stopped taking it in
April. I still don't know if the rise in liver functions and bilirubin was a blip
or reallity.

But after checking around a bit, it didn't seem that Herceptin and Tykerb
were contra-indicated, or there is no proof of this. So even though I am still scheduled for a pet/ct on Wed, I went ahead and started Herceptin again anyway.

Herceptin alone kept my liver and bone mets at bay for almost 2 1/2 years, I always felt nervous stopping it. I feel better now that I have my trusty little H in my veins!!!

Whatever else I find out about my liver, I think I will continue to stay on
Herceptin and Tykerb until I find a reason to not do so.

As far as the RFA goes, right now I don't know if there are any liver lesions that need treating, I won't find out until after the pet/ct on Wed. But it does appear that alot of facilities do not like to do RFA if there are other sites involved in mets. Wonder if you can just say you have mets to liver and skate by like that and not mention other sites if they are controlled, or NED.

I am still researching my options at LLUMC, UCLA and Cedars-Sinai. All three of those centers perform RFA for liver tumors. Stanford perfroms Cyber-knife for liver mets tumors as well. I'm getting my information ready, in case I do have the need to move quickly with one of these options.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote