View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #22
Donna

still an interesting subject

Hi Alaksa Angel and R.B. and All,

My physician didn't approve of bioidenticals, but I insisted. My formulary pharmacist ended up figuring out the doses based on the "usual" normal percentages. We started out way below these and titrated up to when I felt better and had no more hot flashes - ah,,,,,, I miss those days! I had read so many references showing progesterone protected against breast cancer and that bioidentical hormones had so few studies out because there was no funding for it, of course.

I still feel what I took was not an uninformed risk, it gave me excellent quality of life for 10 years before this diagnosis, so I have no regrets. I might have this cancer with or without it, who knows.

I would still really like to be taking the estrogen for vaginal health and I would be interested in any research showing that local application like that would not compromise my arimidex.

Have a great day!

Donna

P.S. to Alaska Angel - we are starting in on our summer heat here, remember what that felt like! But Apple Hill is full of wonderful fruit now!
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote