View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
Zoid

Xeloda/Tykerb

Hi Bailey,

I've been on Tykerb and Xeloda for 3 mo now. I occassionally get nauseous, but my doctor have me some anti-nausea tablets that kind of work. I haven't found any correlation between where I am in the cycle and the bouts of nausea.

Two things have helped my nausea when I do get it; 1) chocolate or chocolate ice cream, and 2) Ginger anything; ginger ale, ginger cookies, candied ginger, etc. My favorite are "Ginger Chews" - they are actually really spicy so I didn't think they'd help, but I eat them about 1/4 of the chew at a time and it really helps.

I had some problems with fatigue and wouldn't be as active as normal. I finally decided to do my best to ignore the fatigue and that's working pretty well. (Either that or my body got used to the combo).

The bottoms of my feet are reddish and I get blisters sometimes, but keeping them well-moisturized makes a huge difference. My Dr. recommended "Utterly Smooth, which Trader Joe's has at a ridiculously low price). Slather it on and then put on socks. I also found that getting softer insoles for my shoes helped.

I've never heard of anyone losing hair b/c of Xeloda/Tykerb
Hope this helps,
Susie

Last edited by Zoid; 04-26-2007 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Zoid is offline   Reply With Quote