View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
KsGal

Re: ACTH vs TCH chemo - thoughts welcome

I do think the side effects are different from person to person. I am getting ready for my last TCH treatment in a couple weeks. I think the steroids have given me more side effects than the chemo, honestly.

I have never thrown up or felt nauseous. I had my kids shave my head, and then never lost my hair. It has grown back to a couple inches now..although it is a different texture than before. No nail difficulties. The side effects I DO have are fatigue, some scalp soreness the first few treatments, and sores in my mouth that develop about five days out and last about a week i.e. sores in the corners of my mouth, on my tongue or even in my nose (UGH!). Also just general muscle achiness, but not sure if that is chemo or Neulasta. I work 45 hours a week, and have not missed a day of work yet, but I do take three days off the weeks I get the chemo. At any rate, I found this to be a very doable combination, and understand it to be the regimen of choice. It has worked really well for me (I am stage IV with multiple liver metastases). I only have one tumor left visible on scans, and it is pretty small. I sure hope this works as well for your sister. Lots of love and prayers coming your way.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote