View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
Lien

Re: My latest feelings

Thank you for sharing that with us. My 9 yr old brought me breakfast in bed this morning, complete with scrambled eggs and a cup of tea. It was lovely snuggling and sharing the egg. These memories we make are the most important thing in the world.

I went for a walk in the snow this afternoon with my friend who lost her mother to breastcancer when she was 7. Her mothers' sister married her father and took care of the kids, but an aunt is not a mother. We talked about the memories she had of her mother, and all she could remember were the times they spent snuggling in bed, and the things her mother said about her: that she was an independant person, that she was able to trust her instincts, that she was clever, and that she would make something of her life. My friend is 50 now, and I can tell you she is fulfilling her mothers' dreams for her. It has guided her throughout her life.

So I'm trying to tell my kids what I think are their best qualities. I try to encourage them to think for themselves and I hug them, make jokes and try to inspire them. I take them seriously as persons. That's the best thing I can give them, I think.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote