View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #37
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation I Am No Shipwreck...

Yes, *Spike*, in 1956 the Italian transatlantic passenger vessel, The Andrea Doria (an icon of national pride, post WWII), collided with The Stockholm. Much like the Titanic, this ocean liner tragically sank, taking 46 lives. Whereas 1,660 Souls were rescued, through extraordinary heroic means. All with tales to tell.

I too am a Survivor, of a very different course of events. My cancer cells (tumors and all) have been torpedoed. Yet, *I* remain, alive and well -- body, mind and Soul. I AM NO SHIPWRECK.

Also, I believe Mona has a most placid smile; her eyes speaking of her connectedness to her Spirit. As for Liz, gosh she must be hot in all those bloody clothes. Though, it could be quite chilly in England's castles, I hear. Perhaps that is what you're seeing, Spike. Just a thought. I'm just saying...

On a lighter note, I recently read that it took Da Vinci 12 years to paint Mona's lips. This has elated me, as it is taking forever and a day for me to finish my book. All much to my chagrin from friends and acquaintances inquiring IS IT DONE YET???

Gerri, my sweet, you are too kind and generous, not to mention gracious. FYI, since my 2nd round of chemo (after my recurrence) and after 8 months of Taxotere (the Freight Train drug) most of my hair came back. However -- *no* eyebrows. I do not know what happened to Mona or Liz, but Life is full of surprises. Not the least of which is that eyebrows serve to give our faces expression. My younger daughter has sweetly observed that I do not have a receding hairline (as I claim) but rather that I have a *high forehead*. Gotta love her.

I think those eyebrow hairs have relocated -- to my upper lip. I have always believed we must learn to laugh at ourselves, before others do, don't you think? Cosmic humor is gaspingly funny.

DID YOU KNOW... :

...MONEY IS NOT MADE OF PAPER? ANY GUESSES AS TO WHAT IT IS MADE OF? (This is a *trivia* thread, right?)

...WHO THE FIRST RECORDED WENDY WAS?

...WHY ASTRONAUTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EAT BEANS BEFORE THEY GO INTO OUTER SPACE?

And so ends my post, completely lacking any semblance of order, as I segue from thought to thought occurring in my brain and then suddenly appearing on my keyboard. (Some may hasten to add -- per usual. Or as always.)

I ALWAYS SAY -- NEVER SAY NEVER, OR ALWAYS...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote