View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #114
jacqueline1102

Re: NEDenise Has Died

Dear Ted,

I wanted to convey my deep sadness for you and your boys. Indeed, your family appears to display the same generous trait as your lovely bride. As here you are sharing the information with all of us on this board when clearly you did not have to. The holidays this year will be difficult. Quite frankly, I wish to say they will suck. While we here enccourage you to pop back as you wish, it is certainly understandable to take time away whether temporarily or permanent. I wish you and your children some peace. I never met your wife or spoke with her but I read her posts. But, what struck me about your wife was how her light just shined. Her humor, wit, and joy was evident despite metastatic disease. I am sure that many would say she would light up the room. And she appeared most passionate about her life with you and the children. On this board, she was known and beloved for her support and perhaps one would say even her cheerleader spirit. Her resiliency despite horrific circumstances needs to be bottled. But then again, there is no one like her. I am truly so very, very sorry.

Jackie
5/12-7/12 33 Radiation treatments
8/1/12 Started Perjeta along with the Herceptin
10/12 Scans said NED for first time
5/15 UWSeattle Vaccine Trial 3 months
12/16 Scans still show NED. Herceptin and Perjeta continue indef.
8/17 Taken off Perjeta;staying on Herceptin. Still NEAD.
3/18 Still NEAD
8/19 Now on Subcutaneous Herceptin
10/21 Remain on Subcutaneous Herceptin (Hylecta)
11/21 CT showed possible lung mets. Was told to wait and see until scan
1/22 CT shows continued growth
03/22 Lung Biopsy said sample was too small but nodules keep growing and IR is convinced that it is indeed cancer
04/22 Oncologist referred for consult for a transbronchial biopsy. This does not sound pleasant
jacqueline1102 is offline   Reply With Quote