View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
Nancy L

Re: How do you boost your platelets on Kadcyla

I highly recommend that you print the Genentech Kadcyla dosing and administration guide available on the internet. It gives the company's guidance about what should be done when various tests are not normal. For platelets, they recommend administration be held if platelets go below 50,000. I was also told this by two oncology offices where I received Kadcyla on the expanded access program. My platelet count started at 263000 and dropped to 68,000 after 11 treatments. They have remained in the 60,000 range ever since.

I am currently on a break because my T. Bilirubin went above 1.5. I have an excel spreadsheet to follow all the lab work and scans Genentech talks about in the guide. It is very helpful to discuss my concerns with my oncologist who knows little to nothing about this drug. I am the only one on it in this rather large oncology practice. He told me on my last visit that I should have been a doctor and I took that as a compliment.

Good luck with Kadcyla. I have found it to be a difficult drug and the idea of being on this for the rest of my life is frightening.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote