View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #609
MCS

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

Please check some of my earlier responses. I took Herceptin right after it was approved, thank God, just in time. For me there was no choice of once a week. I took it every three weeks.
I did suffer from severe bone ache that could not be taken away with heavy meds (vicadent.etc). Instead, Ibuprofen worked and lying on my side in bed. this was usually the first week afer treatment. So that's it, you have to bear it-think of those that did not have this herceptin
As to bone loss, well because of my age (56now), that occurred any way and I also have had my ovaries removed. Yes it has happened more rapidly if the big C did not occur.
As to hot flashes, I had them before and actually improved afterward. I started at 40!
I had chemo brain from the Adryicin treatment and to tell you the truth, I still have some chemo brain-it's just not an excuse that I forget things.

But I took it all like a girl, because I rather deal with all this and know that my cancer is held back for a while.

Use meditation, breathing, camomile, listening to favorite music softly in your room for the pain. Hot flashes, I know you sweat like a pig and then cold, but all of us girls go through that.

Truly it is my sincerest wish I had a magic wand and pass it around all of us and get rid of all of this. And not just for bc, but my lymphoma girlfriends, my bone cancer girfriends and so on....

God bless all of you. Press on this fight.

xoxo

MCS (maria)
MCS is offline   Reply With Quote