View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #20
vickie h

Unhappy Re: VickieH - trailblazing Pazopanib

Hi my sweet sisters and brothers,

The trial didn't go well I'm sorry to say. My mets have become extensive to the skin and my latest PET shows mets in my lungs now. I was taken off the trial after 6 weeks and they are now trying Gemzar with Cisplatin as the only weapon against this. Because my port is covered with the mets, they are trying to find veins to deliver the chemo, which has been difficult.
I am afraid I am losing my up-hill climb, though I hang onto every branch and patch of grass I find in this journey.
I want to thank my dear sisters and brothers here for all your support over the years and your love and compassion. I will continue to live each day to the fullest with grace and spirit and hope.
I haven't been on the boards lately because it has been a challenge to come up with the words to let you know what is going on. I feel so many others are going through such trying times (Barb, Marie, Joy, Pam) that I didn't want to add to toll that is being taken. But I love all of you and feel I needed to let you know.
Please pray for me and the others who seek hope and strength right now.
I love you all dearly,
Vickie

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Feb 04 IBC IIIC/IV er-/pr- her2+++
3/04 TCH X4
7/ 04 MRM 9/04 Taxol/herceptin wkly 1 yr 33X rads
11/04 skin mets 33x rads,10/05 Avast/Herc. 11 mos.
8/ 06 PET mets lymphs, neck
9/ 06 Navelbine/herceptin
11/ 06 PET NED
2/ 07 skin mets, 4/07 Xeloda, 5/07 add Tykerb
2/ 08 Tykerb failed. Doxil /Herceptin 6 months
8/08 PET skin mets, 8/08 Abraxane/Avastin
11/ 08 PET prog., skin mets
1/09 PET/CT progress, 1/09 Ixempra, 2/09 add Xeloda and low dose Naltrexone
2/09 off Ixempra/Xeloda
3/09 navelbine/herc/cytoxin 4/09 PET shows regress.7/09 start Topotecan. Failed.
8/09 extensive mets rgt brst, back and torso. starting Pazopanib clinical trial.
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote