View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #34
Odette

Hi Flori,

Thank you for your encouraging beautiful letter. Hope this finds you well!
How did it go with the oncologist? Was he helpful about the side effects?
Are you off the Xeloda all week?

It sounds like you had been through the worse in the past years. Mental illness can be devastating to everyone involved. I was very sorry to hear about your divorce. I also notice that even now you are thinking about your children more than about yourself.

I too had a terribly stressful year before my diagnosis with trying to nurse back to life one of my kids who was gravely ill. She did recover which is our miracle and I really don't regret anything. Now it is the time to take care of ourselves. I'm trying to find a new balance of selfishness and doing things for others.

You are right about the fear factor being worse than any cancer or side effect. What helps me most is that I make myself believe that the kids and my husband will be OK even if something happens to me.

My counts were still quite low two weeks ago but it is just wonderful to feel relatively well after the chemo/surgery/rad ordeal. I hope you will be cancer free and well again after this X + T treatment and will be able to enjoy your wonderful new relationship and keeping in touch with your children while they are in college.

I'm still waiting for my Tykerb approval, at least I don't have to start on the Xeloda yet either.

Thanks for asking for the special Tykerb Xeloda section! It worked out well.
Let us know how is everything going, and I’ll keep you updated too.

Odette
June-August 2006 AC chemo
August-October 2006 Taxotere + Herceptin
November 18, 2006 Mastectomy 16 involved lymph nodes
Jan 2, 2007 start radiation
Stage IV, Jan 12, 2007 recurrence in cervical lymph nodes while on Herceptin, stopped Herceptin
Rad oncologist extended the radiation field, good response
Started Tykerb Xeloda on beginning of May 2007
Progression to lungs and conglomerate lymphadenopathy July 2007
Undecided about next treatment

'One does not get to choose one's adventures'

I'm experimenting with my diet, using green tea, flax seed curry and olive oil

Odette is offline   Reply With Quote