View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #47
Paula O

Re: For those interested: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

“But one thing I do:
forgetting what lies behind
and straining forward to what lies ahead…
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
~Phil. 3:13-14
:
Below is an excerpt from: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2013/...mera-giveaway/

“Well…. do I tell you that 2012 was the year I didn’t lose 10 pounds, forgot every morning for. a. year. to exercise, didn’t finish reading the Bible, failed to write what I really wanted, never got the basement backroom gutted, rammed about in the same ruts on rinse and repeat, only read half as many books to the kids as I’d planned, and missed living up to what I’d named this year?

"Regardless of how shiny any life looks like from the outside, the honest and the Lord look on the bare heart.

"We all are failures — at least the honest of us are.

"That dog could be barking at a lot more than imagined shadows out there.

"How in the world do you step hopeful into the next year when you tripped messy through the last year? How do you stand brave with all the smiling rest and ring in the new year when the old year still feels a bit like a millstone around the neck? What if everyone else is making New Year’s resolutions and you just want New You solutions?"
------------------
The link has a wonderful analogy of the author's daughter stumbling through her piano recital that is worth reading. It made me think of some of my own blunderings this past year and what God so beautifully can teach us through our mess-ups and failures.

Paula