View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #7
MagnoliaforJenny

You ladies are all amazing. I was scared a bit to start posting here as I am not the one with cancer, Jenny is. Thank you for allowing me into this particularly private area of your lives and for sharing your experiences.

First of all, I'd like to say that my best friend has NOT gone for second opinions. That in and of itself frightens me. She was told she was seeing the "best doc in town" and just went with it. I understand why she did this but now with the recurrence so soon, I really would like for her to go to the teaching hospital in Charleston. (MUSC)....I don't think she will though.

She also does not have internet access at home so I guess I want to fill in that gap for her and hopefully learn some things that I can pass along that will be helpful for her in this battle.

I don't think I've had anything rattle my insides quite as much as this. The only exception is when I lost my Mom suddenly in '97. Jenny is my touchstone, my rock, my strength....I'm tearing up now thinking about her. Her daughter and mine have been best friends for the past ten years and that just makes it doubly hard. We of course ask the question "why?" how could this happen etc.

I know she's had taxol/herceptin and some radiation treatment. Now with the recurrence a few weeks ago, she's doing chemo and herceptin right now (had to get the port today due to vein issues) and a PET scan is being done in a few weeks to see if the mets have spread, shrunk, etc.

I feel so much better and more hopeful now that I have read so many of you have gone on to lead healthy, happy lives.

I know I'm operating on a totally different plane somehow than one who is actually going through this. I think something just takes over and enables one to rise above the fear, the pain and the unknown to be able to fight. I see this in Jenny each time I see her or talk to her. It's amazing to see the strength and faith.

Thank you again for allowing me to be here. I feel like I've learned so much already.

MagnoliaforJenny is offline   Reply With Quote