View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
KellyA

First of all, let me say how lucky Jenny is to have such a wonderful friend. Your support through this will mean more than you'll ever know and can help keep her spirits high and give her a hand with the fight. I know that it must be very scary and shocking to see the cancer return so soon, however if you look at some of the signatures on this board, you will see many whose cancer came back very quickly and who have had great responses with chemo and are doing wonderfully now- years later. There are so many so medicines now to fight with, and many many more coming down the pipeline, especially for Her2 cancer.

You have definitely come to the right place by coming to this board. It has been a godscend to me and the women (and men) here are very supportive, share a wealth of knowledge, and are just fantastic people. Everyone is very happy to answer any questions you may have, or just to listen, and share your moments.

It will take some time to adjust to the shock, but then Jenny will see the light again, and will be up for a fight. Your friendship will give her much strength.

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote