View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
Chelee

Re: Joe passed on this evening

Danielle, I couldn't sleep tonight so decided to check in on the board and my heart just sank when I saw your post. It's through tears that I write this. I am just taken back and in total shock...I had no idea Joe was fighting lung cancer. I just hate this damned disease...I lost my mother to advanced lung cancer 3 yrs ago so I know how difficult this had to be on you, Christine and the family. Your Dad put so much into this board for all of us...I don't know what I would of done without this board. Your father was an amazing man and loved by all of us. My heart is breaking and I can't stop the tears.

I just can't even begin to tell you how truly sorry I am. Joe always made us feel like part of the family...oh how I'll miss his posts. I never got the privilege to meet your dad in person--but he had such a big presents on this board I feel as though I knew him. I'd always hoped I would get a chance to meet him and Christine at one of the ASCO conference or other events. He was always there to help anyone that needed it. He has jumped in and helped me several times when I really needed it. He had his serious side and we also saw what a great sense of humor he had. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers at such a difficult time. My sincerest condolences to you, Christine and family. (Joe you will be missed!)

My Sincerest Sympathies.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote