View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #19
SpitFire

Re: How to find a doctor that will look out for your best interests?

Catherine - Thanks for asking. I am not going to say where I live. I want to have a safe place to talk. I get a lot of good information on this forum.
I don't need someone to "find" me another doctor. I was with "good" doctors, in fact, I was told they were the best. They were not working for the best interests of me at all. I think that a lot of people become doctors for the wrong reasons now days. My oncologist knows how to work people and say the "right" things. As it turns out, he is incongruent. I don't think I need an oncologist. I think I need to have a breast surgeon picked out. I don't think I will have to go to one unless my mammogram comes out bad. So I just need to be ready. I am planning on driving a couple of hours to another city for all this. Pathetic! I don't want to drive far to just get treated bad again. I can stay home instead. I want a Doctor that has integrity, you can't find that out in one interview.
Stage IIb
9/2013 TCH
10/2013 TCHP
1/2014 End chemo!
2/2014 Lumpectomy Complete Response
2/2014 - 4/2014 Radiation
9/2014 Last Herceptin
SpitFire is offline   Reply With Quote