View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #17
SpitFire

Re: How to find a doctor that will look out for your best interests?

Juls - You say you don't have anyone who cares? Well - there are many here!
That is why I am here. I am very grateful for the encouragement and very useful information shared on this forum. My husband works all the time. I have no other support and I was made fun of for asking about other support groups, websites or even books to read, even for asking simple questions. I was just made fun of the whole time. I gave everybody else the benefit of the doubt all the time. They knew I was isolated and they took advantage of it. I am not letting anyone do that to me again.
I am happy you have a sensible son to help you.

Pat94 - I am so glad you found a good team. I am glad I have this time between doctors also. I had to rely only on my team of doctors, it was really scary the simple mistakes they made and they are so disconnected with reality. I am so glad I had the courage to walk away, that was a turning point, but I can't stay away from doctors forever even though I want to. I will have to drive far in search of better doctors.
Stage IIb
9/2013 TCH
10/2013 TCHP
1/2014 End chemo!
2/2014 Lumpectomy Complete Response
2/2014 - 4/2014 Radiation
9/2014 Last Herceptin
SpitFire is offline   Reply With Quote