View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 07:49 AM   #11
SpitFire

Re: How to find a doctor that will look out for your best interests?

juls - I am sorry that you can't change doctors, but I feel that they are all the same anyways.
sarah - I have done everything possible to get good doctors. There is a reason I did not chose the "other" breast surgeon as she was not as good as the one I chose 2 years ago, but now she is recommended to me?
It is a business. These doctors just looked at how much money they can make off of me. So I got corrupted doctors, but everyone else benefits from supporting these powerful doctors. They literally have a license to do what they want. They know what they can get away with. I literally was told to not talk to other breast cancer survivors because everyone's treatment is different, to stay off the internet and to trust them, they had X number of years of experience, I had none. I fell for that! I trusted them completely, even my oncologist who was so incompetent from the start, but gave him every benefit of doubt. He has no soul. He made fun of me for “taking advice from just a nurse.” (The nurse was right by the way) I got rid of a phone support system from a nurse because of that! I only had them to rely on. But because the oncologist was that way, it also made my breast surgeon's true colors shine so I dropped him too. It was heartbreaking! My husband was very against it. More things have come to surface since then that would not had I stayed with my breast surgeon. My husband now is fully supportive. Trust is gone. And also respect. Thank you for letting me rant. Doctors are not what they used to be. They sold their integrity.I hope they make as much money as their hearts desire. They deserve it.
Stage IIb
9/2013 TCH
10/2013 TCHP
1/2014 End chemo!
2/2014 Lumpectomy Complete Response
2/2014 - 4/2014 Radiation
9/2014 Last Herceptin
SpitFire is offline   Reply With Quote