View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 07:04 AM   #4
SpitFire

Re: How to find a doctor that will look out for your best interests?

Juls - I am glad that we can still choose our doctors for the time being. I don't want socialized health care, even though I have gotten more up-to-date information on this forum from people in socialized countries than from my "cutting edge" doctors.
Becky - I am glad you have found a real doctor. I would feel so much better if I knew someone was looking out for me. It is scary knowing that I am on my own, and am doing better than in the care of my incompetent doctors. That is so scary! I am not a doctor, but am way more informed than my doctors were.

I have had nothing but problems with my oncologist from the start. What gets me is how everyone just raves about him. He made mistake after mistake. He is sooo incompetent. Everyone defends him, because he is "nice." I have found out so much information on the internet and the other doctors still try and credit him! It is disgusting. I got no help from my oncologist and I got made fun of if I dared ask a question to my oncologist or "took advice from just a nurse," or looked at the internet. He is an obvious loser, but everyone just loves him!? He plays people. I had so much pressure to stay with him until I had enough that I would rather die than go back to him ever again. Then I finally stood up for myself and fired my oncologist and my beloved breast surgeon (he referred me) who promised me he would take care of me, but didn't, he tried to defended him instead. Now as I have found out certain things, I realize that my breast surgeon is scum too, he just hid it better. I don't trust doctors, but I need to pick out a breast surgeon as I am BIRADS 3 and need to be prepared if my status changes. I have been referred to another breast surgeon, but will not go to her. On the internet, my old breast surgeon looks top notch, but I know he is not working for me, so how do you find a good doctor? Are there red flags to look for? What are signs are there that someone is a good doctor? Remember when people used to respect doctors? At this point, I don't respect doctors.
Stage IIb
9/2013 TCH
10/2013 TCHP
1/2014 End chemo!
2/2014 Lumpectomy Complete Response
2/2014 - 4/2014 Radiation
9/2014 Last Herceptin
SpitFire is offline   Reply With Quote