View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #19
sadie

Hi everyone,
I know I said I was going to see my onc on Tuesday, but I confused it with my annual mammogram. Anyway, I saw the onc today; She got the cat scan results. She said the catscan looks good! (Yay!) Nothing showed up regarding the blood in the urine. Kidneys are fine (she didn't mention bladder,tho, but I'm assuming that was fine too).
She did say that the report mentions fibroid tumors in the uterus (which I think I've been told before). She said it also noted a 7mm spot on my liver . BUT she immediately told me not to worry about that. She said more-times-than-not, this means nothing. That is one reason she does not believe in doing scans unless warranted by symptoms. She said so many times spots can show up and it can be a blood vessel or something that has absolutely nothing to do with cancer; And this causes needless anxiety for the patient. But, she said that since this DID show up on the scan, she will do a follow-up scan in 3 months to see if it has grown, shrunk or stayed the same. Has anyone experienced this?
She also did a urinalysis to see if I still had blood in my urine after taking antibiotics. She was quite surprised when she saw that I never had a u/a done at her office since my initial exam last November. She said at that time I had bacteria in the urine.
Has anyone ever experienced blood and/or bacteria in the urine and have it turn out to be nothing?
I am fantastically relieved about the catscan results and at the same time still a little concerned about the blood in the urine. But for the most part, I am much better today than I was last week!
Thank you all for your input on this site. It's an emotional life-saver!
And thank you Sherry for relaying your personal experience to me. That made my week-end so much more enjoyable than it would have been.
I don't know what I would do if it weren't for this site!
Thank you all.
Sentinel node neg
Her2+++
ER+ / PR weakly+
sadie is offline   Reply With Quote