View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 05:00 AM   #17
MCS

well, Marejo, as you can see I'm a basket case as well. I'ts almost 5am on Saturday and I can't sleep. I'm not off herceptin yet but I do worry about will happen when I am.

I think the fear of recurrence can be high at times. To me, it's like there's no REAL uptime anymore for me- I'm either a little down or cautious but never free of anxiety.

As you come near the end of herceptin, I think it's a natural response. I'm sure you are concerned abut being proactive to cath anything as early as possible but the test can be quite exhausting and they wreck me emotionally for sure.

Also it's the fear that, if off herceptin, can your immune system fight any other new developments. That is what scares me the most. Now YOU ARE ALONE.

I'm planning on contacting some form of couselor becasue this is tough stuff to handle on my own. Just like the other ladies that wrote, I also have difficulty planning anything.

I hate the constant testing and waiting for results but if it buys me time and get treated then I can handle it. But I give up a week before and after the test with anxiety- like having a period again, a week before, during and after LOL.

The rest of us look up you who have finished and are carrrying normal lives. It's encouraging for the rest of us. So I appreciate the positive comments in this thread and the words of wisdom.

thanks

MCS ( maria)
MCS is offline   Reply With Quote