View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 05:21 AM   #1
Mary Jo

Support.............................

Good Morning,

I guess today's post is just about receiving some support. I'm not sure why since I'm 1 year and 3 months post diagnosis. Treatment (chemo) has been done since Nov. 30th and herceptin will finish up Oct. 11 (maybe I hit the nail on the head- huh?) Anyway, lately, been reading a lot about her2neu cancers - their aggression - our prognosises that sound so negative and find myself worrying more and more about recurrence. (maybe I'd be best to not read all the "stuff") They say "watch for symptoms" - well geez, don't we all have "symptoms" as we watch and worry. My oncologist (a breast cancer survivor also) doesn't do all the scans etc. She believes in the "we don't go looking unless there is reason" approach AND I agree with her as I would worry if having that stuff all the time. She says there are way too many false positives and most of the time you are checking this and that for no reason and all that is accomplished is incredible stress on the patients part. How true. So my PET scan at the beginning of my journey is it unless of course another is warranted.

I'm sorry for my negative post - is just feeling a bit "down" lately as I think about going through all this again someday. I try to trust and acknowledge what I know - which is - God and that what will be will be - and most of the time I am ok with that but possibly coming up on the end of my herceptin treatment is scaring me a bit.

I guess I should concentrate on the fact that my breast cancer was found early - before any mets - and that I handled chemo and herceptin well and NOT look ahead beyond the "day by day" mentality.

Thanks for listening everyone. I know we all go through this from time to time - it's the "nature of the beast" I guess.

God's Peace I pray for us all,

Your "sister" in the journey,

marejo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads