View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
IrvineFriend

Re: Libido is lousy and ...

It is personal and I am going to have to deal with it as I'm being put on an anti-anxiety med that kills the fun almost immediately. BTW, I talked to my onc today about my predisposition to bladder infections related to intimacy and asked if I should avoid the entire act during my TCH chemo regimen starting Thursday. He did say that's the first time he's ever been asked that question but thought it wise if possible. Even gave me some ideas on alternatives which was kind of cute (and that I have to google soon). And I thought I was pretty worldly!

What about standard K-Y? And honestly, men can get by with other methods. Perhaps use this opportunity to expand your and his horizons

Jeri, there are probably so many of us with this EXACT question but are hesitant to ask. I probably would have gotten around to it so thanks for doing it for me. We lose enough, and then this!

Your husband very well may have some ideas of what would keep him "happy" and that would keep you from experiencing anything unpleasant. Or that may increase your libido/experience (which is what I'm voting for). I think the key is to be able to talk to your husband openly and honestly and allow him to participate in alternatives as you enter this stage of your life. When I Google what my onc suggested I'll foward it to you. Obviously he's been faced with this issue before and cares enough to address that non-medical aspect of his patient's life. Or he's a total perv.

So many of us face this particular form of BC at a relatively young age when this kind of intimacy was still a part of our normal lives. My BF and I have already discussed this likely scenario and have come up with fun ways to keep us both happy (more like him happy because if what I read is true, I won't give a rip).

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about this further. It's been on my mind, especially with asking my onc if it should be off the table entirely during my entire chemo experience.

-Julie

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote