View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
Sandra in GA

Re: Stage 3a her-2+ breast cancer is 85 % curable

Joletta,

As you have learned, this diagnosis is the pits! But, as you can see from the others who have responded, there is a lot of life beyond it.

I have just celebrated my second anniversary of surviving and thriving and am beginning to be able to take a deep breath once in a while. When I had 21 positive of 21 lymph nodes, I knew that statisticially I was not in a real good position. My tumor was 3 cm and I also had a 5 cm DCIS growth. I know I am stage III, but I never asked my onc for the specific stage. Somehow I just didn't want to hear more. I was lucky enough to get into a stage II trial for Herceptin and Tykerb. What he told me was, "We are going for a cure!" That was enough encouragement for me. I have also just completed the Walter Reed vaccine trial. I'm just trying to do everything I can to buy as much insurance possible.

I am sure you are going to do well. I know everyone on this boards wishes this for you.

Lots of hugs,
Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote