View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #7
StephN

Wink Interesting theory ...

Well I never put this together before reading this post. I recall Lyn using some local heat for her gland some time back, but it did not ring any chimes.

I am always looking for reasons why I happen to be so lucky to have beat my very aggressive liver mets and so many other women are not here any more who took the same drugs as I.
A heating pad is something I have used for years for an irrritated intercostal nerve in my right side. It is from a seat belt injury when I was run into by another car. I also use it to warm up my side of the bed if my hubby is not there first.
So the idea that I unwittingly heated the very place that the chemo drugs needed to go peaks my interest. In one month I had a very big response and my med onc and his staff were almost puzzled by how well I was doing. I was in a cllinical trial and there are only THREE of us left in remission out of 20. What did I do that the others did not? The question had been asked when I was declared NED and went off the trial drugs.
They wanted to know how I ate, what supplements I took, etc. I never mentioned the heating pad!
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote