View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Hugs And Kisses To Tipsy...

Hi y'all. Yes, I've been quiet. Thanks for noticing. Computer down all day yesterday. Used Paul's to post re TIPTOE as that was an urgent matter !

I am weaning off Effexor 75 mg as it was totally clouding my thinking. I finally discovered that it was not my low red bld cell count but the Effexor that was making me unable to concentrate. Could not focus. Meanwhile onc ordered brain MRI and you may be surprised to learn -- I AM NOMAL. News to me too...

Am down to 37.5 mg E and find that at half strength it IS helping hot flashes, cause after a wk when I switched to ev other day -- WOW! That's *with* Black Cohosh 80 mg twice a day! Guess I am a major flasher. Need all the help I can get. Will settle for 1/2 a foggy brain if I can have virtually no hot flashes and stop the suffering. 23 yrs of it and I AM DONE! Am looking in to plan B -- progresterone cream. Posted somewhere re that, for those interested. Use SEARCH or go to my posts... Like I say, I am very confused.

Am trying to help my (real/blood) Sister through a terrible ordeal w/her 30 something daughter. Wrenching situation. Also, at the same time, a good friend is having a true paranoid meltdown so I am trying to be there for her, which involves at least 4 long calls a day, sobbing and worse. Every one is in therapy and on meds, being watched, but needs back up support. So I have been very preoccupied TO DISTRACTION. Can a person be too compassionate????? I had one night of nightmares all night. But I talked it out w/Paul and feel some relief there so I can go on.

I miss Tipsy but I know she will brighten your day Becky. She is quite the charmer. I did mention the Dalai Lama received a gold medal at the White House last wk somewhere on this board. Forgot to mention about Survivor China. Good you remembered Pinkie! We watched and giggled over it when she was here. I know Marie got some great shots she described and is sending a little photo journal to Becky next wk, not wanting to overload her package/luggage. I KNOW teeny TT left lots of healing energy for Marie and Ed (and her Mom) to soak in! She is a blessing!

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote