View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #634
YNieves

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

I am on Herceptin and Tykerb. I first took Herceptin I. 2009. I had an an allergic reaction 15 minutes into the infusion. My chest started to tighten and my breathing got increasingly labored. My BP sky rocketed. I had to go to the ER for prednisone inhalation treatment. Luckily that cleared it up, the net step would have been an epi needle! I went o an allergist and was desensitized toHerceptin so I could accept it. I took it for 1 year. 3 months after I was off my cancer returned to chest wall. ( personally I think it was always there.). I then went on Xeloda and Tykerb (1250mg. 5 pills). Did that for for twelve weeks then stayed in Tykerb only. Pet scan should cancer cells in axilla lymph node. Went back on Herceptin in 2011 along with Tykerb. I reduced the Tykerb to 4 pills about a year ago because of the increasing neuropathy in hands and feet. I have experienced the crusty blood nose in the mornings, numbness in toes and middle of feet, painful achy knees, photo sensitivity and rash like swelling around ankles. Never goes away. I was just given a 10 day break from the Tykerb but have decided to get off it. Onc. Wanted me to reduce to three pills daily but admitted he has no one on 3 pills and does not know if it will be effective. I feel that the Herceptin on its own is good enough. I have had clear pets cans for over a year and a half. My feet are so painful and the numbness is increasing. My hands started to get shooting pains and electrical shocks? I am Her 2 ++ and ER and PR neg. Had a mastectomy in 2009 and then cancer returned to chest wall and lymphatic system after chemos, Herceptin etc. I am told I will have to stay on Herceptin for life. I get infusions every three weeks. My faith is strong. God will heal me!
YNieves is offline   Reply With Quote