View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #35
Bill

As the Santa Cruz PD squad car rolled to a stop outside of the Rockhead Detective Agency, O'Hare looked over to his driver, a green rookie, fresh out of the academy, and said, "Kid, you wait here." The rookie looked relieved, but then a stray courage cell coursed through his bloodstream and lodged itself into a testicle. "Sir, I'm going with you!". O'Hare rotated his head 90 degrees to the left and fixed a black-eyed stare straight into the eyes of the rookie. The stare entered the rookie's eyes, coursed through his bloodstream, located the stray courage cell lodged in the testicle, and choked it to death before it could take hold firmly. "I said, 'Kid, you wait here'", O'Hare repeated. "Better yet, run across the street and get us a couple of coffees and some jelly-filleds. I'll be right back" The kid looked nervous and relieved at the same time. "S-s-sir, I don't have any cash on me." O'Hare's blood pressure shot up 40 points and he glared at the boy again, "Listen, kid, I'm not gonna tell you again! You just walk across that GD street and go into that friggin' donut shop, wearing a badge and a gun and they'll think you're Jesus Christ hisself! They'll give you whatever you want for free!" The kid looked at his hands and as he picked at an imaginary hangnail, he mumbled, "Sir, you said that you weren't gonna tell me 'again', but I really don't think that the first thing you told me was the same thing as the second thing that you told me, so I think it's unfair that you yelled at me and said,'I'm not gonna tell you again'". O'Hare clenched his fists and then unclenched them , and yelled "Bobby, if you don't go get us some GD donuts, I'm gonna kick your ass six ways from Sunday. Now move!" The rookie, Bobby, scrambled out the door, and leaned back in, just a little, and said, "Sir, I'm going to get our donuts and coffee, but I noticed just now when you were yelling at me, you were clenching and unclenching your fists, but the left fist clenched and unclenched 8 times, but your right fist only 6 times, are you ok, Sir?" "Bobby, I swear to God, get outta here right now, you don't know what you're messin' with!!!" O'Hare lunged for Bobby at that point and Bobby scampered across the street, failing to look both ways. O'Hare reached for the handle to the squad car and just then his cell phone rang. "O'Hare" "O'Hare, this is Chief Murphy, just what the hell do you think your doing?" "Chief, I'm gettin' ready to go up and talk to Rockhead about this body washing up under the boardwalk." The Chief says, "Listen, Digger, I know you and Jimmy go back a ways, and you had troubles over the Milhouse case, but I think you need to back off a little bit here." "What???!! Chief? You tellin' me to leave and back off? The Vavoom girl was just seen here, and she might be up there now, for all I know!!" "Listen, Digger, I'm gettin' heat on this one from upstairs, if you know what I mean. This one's bigger than the both of us." Detective O'Hare huffed and puffed 2 times from his left lung and 3 times from his right, and then mumbled, "alright, Chief, I'll back off for now, but you know this ain't over"
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote