View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #26
Colleens_Husband

Where are the police? They should have burst in by now grilling me about the where-abouts of Valerie Vavoom. Something just isn't adding up here. I just have one question for Valerie Vavoom and then I need to visit the morgue, there was something awfully suspicious about the photo in the local newspaper of Danny under that pier.

"Operator, get me Fairfax 9-1524. Hello, Super 7 Motel. Get connect me to room 203. Yes, the room with the J CUZZ and the magic fingers that works. Valerie, I don't have much time, when was the last time anyone saw Danny alive. Friday June 13th? Hmmm ..... That can't be! No time to explain, I need to get to the morgue before the swingshift goes home. No, I'm all out of quarters and it isn't safe to use the Magic Fingers 225 times in a row."

Jim Rockhead grabbed his coat and his fedora hat and rushed out of his office went down stairs and headed to the parking lot. Damn! The Pacer was gone. Since no crook is desperate enough to steal an AMC Pacer, even one in which the hubcaps keep spinning even when the car has stopped, then that me he lent it to someone. Thats right, he lent it to Valerie, and by looking on the horizon for the blue cloud of smoke his favorite car emits, he could see where Valerie parked it. No time to loose, Jim took off running towards the city morgue.

At the morgue, Jim found his old friend Bones Bonderman packing up and ready to call it a day. "Bones, I'm glad I caught you!"

"Hey Jim, I can't talk to you. Your persona non grata with the police department today. If I even say a word to you, Detective O'Hare will have me retrieving bodies from the bay for the next six years."

"Bones, I'm not asking for any information, I just wanted to come by and share some dinner with you." Jim took out a bottle of Mogen Davids 20-20.
"Bones, I warmed it up for you, I know how you like it served tepid."

Bones began salivating and reached for the bottle. Jim pulled it away. "Bones, this bottle is yours, all I need is two minutes with the Danny Vavoom body."

"But I could lose my job!" complained Bones.

"TWO minutes, Bones. Just 120 ticks of a clock. C'mon Bones. No one will ever know. Have I ever ratted you out?"

"Well I suppose not" whimpered Bones, "you got your two minutes"

"Thanks Bones, and if I find what I'm looking for, I've got a second bottle for you."

Jim Rockhead went into the morgue and found a body with 'Danny Vavoom' written on the toe tag. After a quick inspection, Jim said to himself, "This isn't Danny Vavoom. Now I'm totally confused. If this isn't Danny, then who is it? And where is Danny?"

Jim went out of the morgue and dropped a second bottle of MD 20-20 to Bones.

"Where are you going so fast?" asked Bones.

"I need to talk to Agnes."

Whenever Jim was stumped, he talked out the case with Agnes. Sometimes Agnes would offer insight that he overlooked and sometimes it just helped to say what he was thinking out loud.

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote