Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
RhondaH

Smile Re: Introduction

Hi Tanya, my hame is Rhonda. I TOO am a resident of BEAUTIFUL West Michigan (EGR area) and am a patient of Dr. Mark Campbell at Lemmen Holton. When I was dx 2/1/05 a family member sent me a copy of Diana Dyers diet and I have been on it ever since. The more I read, the more I am convinced that nutrition and exercise are KEY in preventing as well as slowing down MANY (but not all) types of cancer. At my last appointment with my surgeon Dr. John Reinstra, he told me he wanted me to eat 2 handfuls of walnuts a day as he has been reading a great deal about them...thoughts? I have been eating a handful of filberts 3 times a week as I read there were traces of the taxanes in them as well as put slivered almonds on my salad daily...OTHER thoughts? Any other food supplements you would recommend for ER-PR-HER2+ breast cancer? Thank you SO much for joining us...this is a great bunch who I am SURE you will love Take care and God bless.

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote