View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 06:01 PM   #185
elcalabrese

Talking In my 9th year

I joined this group years ago but life takes over and when the format changed I kind of dropped off the radar. I periodically check in and saw this thread. Without too much detail, I was dx in Jan 2000. Left mas, 5/10 pos nodes. E/P -/her2+++. Back then herceptin was not an option. After chemo/rads I was dx with bone mets in April 2002. Lots of chemo/rad and herceptin put me into a chemical remission. After 8 mos of chemo I was put on herceptin with Zometa eventually (after 5 yrs) discontinuing the Zometa.
Since Sept 2003 I have been on herceptin without any other agent and so far I have remained stable. I hate to use the term NED but I have had no progression of disease.
When I was first dx my youngest child was 8. I was told I would probably not see my children graduate from high school. Well. I have seen 3 walk across the stage and my youngest is entering his senior year. My oldest just graduated from college and one daughter has gotten married. Both of my daughters are in college and at this point there is no reason to believe I will not be there to see them graduate as well.
I have been so blessed.
El
elcalabrese is offline   Reply With Quote