View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #20
rebecca0623

Thanks so much for voicing your emotions. I find myself resenting all the well meaning people who tell me that their aunt, mother,father, friend had cancer and got through it "just fine" and is "back to normal". I suspect they don't really know what is in that person's heart, I don't think "normal" is the word. I resent what I feel is a dismissive attitude -
"the treatments are so advanced now, really you will be fine". I might have been one of those people myself if I had not lost my mother. Truth is you don't know about tomorrow, cancer or not. I do believe in laughter but it doesn't cure anything. Just lost my hair this week and am getting more and more of those "how great, you don't have to style your hair I'm so envious!" comments as well. I don't feel so lucky. I hope I am as graceful if I find myself in a similar situation!
HER2 +, invasive ductal carcinoma
Quadrantectomy right on 7/30/08
Path report, all 3 nodes taken were clear!!!!!!
Lymphatic/vascular invasion and sent out BRCA testing
Port in on 9/2/08. Chemo began 9/3/08. TCH (MUGA wrong - echocardiogram says 65% cardiac MRI 59% 9/10/98 elevated liver enzymes, PET scan 9/16/08 all clear.
TC ended 12/17/08
Port blood clot and hosp. 1/2/09
radiation begins 1/8/09

BRCA testing done - results NEGATIVE!

cardiologist said go back to coreg as it helps counteract heart effects of herceptin and slowly increase dosage - now 40mg daily.
rebecca0623 is offline   Reply With Quote