View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Ruth2

Post Herceptin Emotions

With herceptin, I would have a slump and it would pass before the next treatment until the last two treatments. My last two treatments the fog didn't lift, and then after treatment I had an emotional spell from which I am continuing to recover, with help, and well, really, all things considered, but alongside that my boyfriend just died (and he was a little put off by my emotional needs, which complicated our last months together). This past year, there were other significant deaths (but this one has me rattled). I am working on ways to balance the stress since I know that we need to be a little serene post-cancer to try to avoid recurrence. Any advice on how to do that given what life tends to give us at times? I guess I know that we can't avoid stress, that we can only learn to control our response to what life gives us, but even so, I could use some advice on coping with emotions post-cancer when you know that they can be toxic to continued good health....