View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
Jean

Hi Carolyn,
I can't offer any help as far as you're recon surgery.
But, I do want to wish you all the best as you begin
you're treatments.

As Laurel stated chemo is not a bowl of cherries.
But, the Emend is a wonderful med. What ever your dr. does give you make sure you take it...even if you feel great. That was a mistake I made I didn't think I needed to continue to take my anti nausea med since I was feeling good. Once the nausea got a hold it was difficult getting back on course. So take your meds even if you feel great.

Make sure you eat small high protein meals.
Drink fluids (water) to hydrate yourself after treatment to flush you're sytem, this is very important.

Also, buy a few new toothbrushes and change you're toothbrush at least once per month, to avoid any mouth infections or sores. Since you're immune system will be lowered.

Yogurt is a great food and I found I did not get any mouth sores...the natural bacteria was helpful.

The treatment rooms tend to be cool, so wear layers of clothing, a sweat suit is perfect, as it is comfy and warm.
Take some snacks with you, apple, crackers, in case the treatment center does not have any snacks to offer.
Most center do, but maybe you might wish to take something you especially enjoy.

Please know we are here for you ....wishing you all the best.

Kindest Regards,
jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo