View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #23
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Auntie Em! Auntie Em! Danger Will Robinson...

So, forget SOS -- COC crap on a crapstick is apropos here!

I turn my back for a few days, and look at you! Denise! In the hospital. On the weekend! Over Veteran's Day weekend. Obviously, not well-planned, but probably the best place for a person who can't get the strength to get dressed and go through double tests AND MORE!

Did you put the seat back flat, so you could rest on the way? I've done that.

Being where you are rather than in a waiting room is, can't believe I'm saying this -- preferable. Love your post from God. He's got your back. I know it.

You're on Zofran? You're nauseous on top of all the other crap you are going through????

CRNP, please tell me what they are? Peeps of some sort. RNs? PAs? NP (nurse practitioner). Am I getting close?

I do know Ativan, and 1 mg is the highest I can go. Anything more and I cannot turn my head without flying through the ceiling. Percocet? So you're in pain?

I know you're unsteady. I mean like a whole lot! Shaky, literally... And I remember thinking, and maybe posting, that I absolutely hate all of your symptoms and insist that they disappear! (I didn't mean for them to triple your Dex, but whatever makes your body happy, including ice cream of course, is what I was demanding in your name!)

Your brain, your wit, your ability to type without typos and in varying colors along with messages from God -- is stunning, given what you are going through physically, emotionally, blah, blah.

Geez. I had no idea. I am thinking of you all the time, and sending prayers out with DENISE boldly blazing and attached to them all the time, so no problem that I didn't know of your latest chapter.

It's just a chapter. Not the whole story.

I am waiting with ALL to hear news. Is there anybody actually working in the hospital today? Yesterday? Not so nice long weekend yet, better than hanging by a thread at home, Neddie. Hate to say.

Glad the docs are covering all bases and then some. Could they throw in a mani/ped and facial while they're at it?

Anything you want to eat that they don't have, Ted can bring you! Pastrami on rye? Go for it. You name it. You deserve whatever your heart desires.

We're all with you, Denise!

Sending LOVE, and HUGS galore,

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote