View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
NEDenise

Red face Auntie Em! Auntie Em! Danger Will Robinson...

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!
Red Alert! Captain to the Bridge!
1-Adam- 12 ... see the man...
Danger Will Robinson!
Attention all personnel... Incoming wounded!

You get the idea...

Soooo...Now that I have your attention.... let's travel back it time to Tuesday night when all hell broke loose (un-necessarily to my way of thinking) As many of you know... I am soooo not a panicker... very low threshold on my drama meter!

Tuesday afternoon, I was scheduled for an echo and a CT of my chest, Ab and Pelvis. Well, friends, I had been feeling so blechy for so many days that I was pretty sure it had been at least 3 days since my last actual shower. And I had a sneaking suspicion they were going to try to admit me once I was there...

I tried to muscle the nerve and energy to get ready and go...
but seriously... getting dressed would have been plenty.
riding the hour in the car to the city
traveling to the echo lab - even in a wheelchair
waiting around for my turn
laying on that table for 45 - an hour (because of all my scar tissue)

and THEN having to drink that nasty liquid and do the CT stuff.
It was just more than my little spirit could handle in one day. So I asked Ted to call and reschedule.

OMG! What a s$%@ storm that created! Now everybody and their CRNP was on the phone trying to convince me I needed to be admitted ASAP. The "bed crisis" of the day before be damned... there was a bed waiting for me as soon as Ted could get me there.

Through my wonderful husband, I explained that if getting ready to go, slowly, for two tests was an exhausting prospect... rushing around, packing up to be admitted as well... and getting the kids organized... was not likely to happen before morning.

They were NOT happy (poor things) but soon remembered that some things with our beloved NEDenise are simply not negotiable. So my devoted and quite obviously worried onc evoked a promise that I'd come in "first thing" the following morning to start all the tests they wanted.

Sooo here I sit... drinking the nasty contrast fluid and waiting for the CT. Already had some other stuff done since I've been here but no results yet... still trying to put together a picture of what we're dealing with.
I'm likely here till Monday. Missing My Son's National Marching Band competition _ Out near you Laurel - in the sweetest place of Earth!! In a different reality... I'd actually, maybe gotten to meet up with you for a hug! Oh well! Next time!

Everybody... keep those prayers coming for healing for me, and wisdom for my care team! We need it! And I appreciate it more that you can ever know!!

Love to all of you... and big HUGS too!
Denise

BTW - sorry for any missed typos - I am clearly typing under influence. Ativan, Percocet, Zofran.. oh my!
Attached Images

NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote