View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
Chelee

Re: want info on arm powerport or chest powerport

Lori,
Since this was going to be my 1st port in my chest I asked the ladies if they had any problems with their ports in their upper chest? All the replies I recieved said the same thing....to make sure it wasn't placed where my bra strap sits because it will rub on top of it and can be irritating and get sore. That's how I found out about having the marks drawn on me for placement. The women told me if I wasn't careful my surgeon, or in my case the interventional radiology would put it right under my strap and I wouldn't like it.

You are the first one I've heard from that likes it under the strap. However I'm sure there has to be others that like it that way too. Maybe with the smaller ports it's not a issue...mine is so big you can probably see it from where your sitting. lol I don't think they make straps wide enough to cover my port. lol (Just kidding.) I was just spoiled with my first one which I loved.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote