Thread: Hair Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
Sandra in GA

Re: Hair Issues

Hi Neveah,
I think most everybody loses most if not all of their about 10-14 days after the first AC. That's what the treatment nurses told me down at Mayo. I still had mine on day fourteen. That afternoon, following my second treatment, it began shed. I went to a barber shop and asked the girl to shave it. She insisted on just giving me a real short cut. The next day I still had hair coming out, I called a friend who had some clippers and we shaved it. I tried a wig, but it seemed too hot. I ordered caps and hats that were deep cut from headcovers.com and wore these. My eyelashes and eyebrows stayed in until I began the Taxol and Herceptin. When I finished the Taxol (12 weeks) it began to grow back in even though I started radiation. It grew very slowly until I finished everything. Now it is thicker, curly (straight before), and coarser. I love it! My eyebrows and eyelashes are also in now. The funniest thing was my eyebrows when they began to come in. They were growing straight up and were very unruly. Now they have calmed down.

The treatment may seem tough at times, but it is not something you cannot do and in the end it is worth everything! Good luck. My prayers are with you.

Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote