View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #373
miss di

Hello to everyone,

This is my first post, 2nd round with the cancer beast. Was NED 5 years and then wham, stage IV.
Started Herceptin every 3 weeks in Aug 07. Had whole body rash with extreme chills firt treatment. Take benadryl with infusion now. Aslo had nose issues since day one and extreme diarrhea for 1 week and foot cramps. Next few treatments went fairly well, chills, achiness diarrhea again and foot cramps for about a week or so.
By November though, the side effects all stayed the same, but add cold tingling hands an knees, blurring vision and bone aches, all lasted longer 8-10 days. Weight loss.
Dec. felt rotten as all the same above, add headaches first three days after, constant diarrhea and more pain and foggy head. Same in January, all symptoms but now all side effects lasting full two weeks.
Had PET scan and Muga in Jan. Many Many spots have shrunk, and only one spot seen in liver (had 3), nodes in clavilcle and neck can not been seen at this time. Muga good. Tumor markers all normal!!!
So, Herceptin continues to be my best friend, I'm just going to take a break. Onc is giving me Feb off, then starting weekly in March to see if I can handle lower dose better. She did state that these are not normal side effects of Herceptin but anyone can have side effects from anything. I truly believe it is from the Herceptin, I gave her this website to read because of so many saying the same thing. Now I don't feel like a nut.
My best to all,
Diane

May an angel walk beside you.
miss di is offline   Reply With Quote