Thread: LVEF Question
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 03:44 AM   #8
Jedrik

Re: LVEF Question

I had a MUGA scan done before TCHP and one when the six cycles were done: No dicernible change. Since I am physically active and think I would notice if the left ventricular output would get low, I the felt comfortable with the concologist saying: Under these circumstances a check every halb year should suffice.
So yesterday i got the last dose of herceptin and he then - for no reason I could see - suggested for me to see a cardiologist.
I just nodded like I tend to do with doctors, but once I had some time to think about it, I feel this is just a nuisance. All I could find is the neccessity of frequent testing while in treatment, to be able to stop in time before it does get serious.
But that time is past and I would just get a status report without consequence.

I don't think there is damage, but if there is it would sort itself out, right? And if it doesn't they can't do anything about it anyway. So why bother?

Do I miss anything? Can anyone think of a reason why I would have myself be prodded by yet another doctor?
start 10/19/2015 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)
Targeted Therapy start 10/19/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab), Perjeta (pertuzumab)
Surgery 02/23/2016 MX Left, PMX Right
Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote