View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
gdpawel

Re: The future of cancer lies behind us

LOL!

With the most recent study published in the Journal of Translational Medicine, "Peritoneal carcinomatosis from ovarian cancer: chemosensitivity test and tissue markers as predictors of response to chemotherapy," which was a clinical trial finding personalized cancer cytometrics more accurate then molecular gene testing, someone had asked me, "what labs are doing Personalized CCT's?"

Cell culture assay testing is done universally around the globe. It is not just some U.S. thing. These clinicians get together on their own little forum and discuss the in's and out's of their technology. Unfortunately, they have come together and decided on a new name for "chemosensitivity testing." They decided to call it "personalized cancer cytometrics." It wasn't unanimous, but none-the-less, the majority ruled, so Personalized Cancer Cytometrics it is.

Cytometrics literally means measuring cells. Accurate. The problem was that there were so many terms being used that one couldn't search the literature using a single keyword phrase. So they've been trying to agree on something universally acceptable for several years, and this is where they are. It's at least as accessible to lay people as "positron emission tomography" (PET).

Now, as to what labs do Personalized CCT's? This particular study was done in Italy. These tests are done throughout Europe, China, Japan, Thailand, etc., as well as here in the U.S. What I do know is this particular study was done with the "gold standard" of chemosensitivity testing: "cell-death" assay.

I'm sure Chinese venture capitalist have already invested in their own assay labs.
gdpawel is offline   Reply With Quote