View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 06:42 AM   #24
jra40

Re: Bleeding from Good Breast

Good morning ladies! I am so sorry I have been MIA for awhile, the holidays were busy and I came down with a severe head cold on top of everything!

I had the ductogram done on December 28th. This procedure sucked, pardon my French!! They don't numb you and basically put an IV in your nipple! WTF??? I almost passed out after they took me out of the mammogram machine to put me in another position! I recovered then they also did an ultrasound which showed a blockage. The doctor seemed confident it was not cancerous but the results had to go to my breast surgeon who would make the next decision.

Met with him on the 30th, he believes it is a papilloma and wants to remove it and biopsy it to be on the safe side.

Before I do surgery, I finally got approved for a PET scan which I have never had since I started this journey. I have been having some problems elsewhere so my doctor wants to be on the safe side and get the scan before surgery. Scan is scheduled for Thursday at 7:45am. I am so happy to finally have this scan done but very scared of the possible results.

I am staying positive and focusing on recovering from these little bumps in my road. Here is to a healthy New Year for all of US!!!

Love to all - Jessica
3/15/11 - Began weekly Taxol/Herceptin infusions along with 750mg of Tykerb taken by mouth daily
6/28/11 - Finished last cycle of Taxol
7/27/11 - Breast MRI shows tumor has dissolved, remarkable reaction to chemo
8/31/11 - Lumpectomy, Sentinel Node biopsy. Node negative, clear margins, 7mm of cancer left over from chemo.
10/05/11 - Started radiation, 5 days a week for 7 weeks.
11/8/11 - Finished radiation
3/21/12 - Last Herceptin!
3/26/12 - Port removed!
Tamoxifen for 5 years
8/4/15 - Hysterectomy & bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. Due to large fibroids. No cancer!
8/8/15 - Started Arimidex
jra40 is offline   Reply With Quote