View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #16
mommaS

Re: How fast can skin mets occur

All:

Thanks for your well wishes. My MRI went well. Preliminary review by the nurse practioner of my films show shrinkage of the brain mets. I will have another MRI in two months to see if I will need any additional brain work.

I also met with my oncologist the week before (Jan 14). After asking me a lot of questions about how I was doing with the new meds, etc., she finally did my physical exam and after looking at my breast became completely choked up because the changes were so dramatically positive. For now, I will continue with both xeloda and tykerb.

I am thankful for the positive changes and now need to work on improving my appetite and work to regain some weight.

Peace,

Sharon

1/7/10 Diagnosed IBC while BF twins a pleomorphic infiltrating lobular carcinoma; 12x9 cm; ER+, PR+, HER-2/neu++; Ki-67 80%
1/25/10 MRI of brain/scan of bone neg-
1/27/10 PET Scan-hypermetabolism in left breast axillary; right mediastinal, left and right supraclavicular and internal mammary lymph nodes
1/29/10 Port Placement, started 24 weeks of chemotherapy with: Trastuzumab- Herceptin, Paclitaxel- Taxol, and Vinorebine- Navelbine
7/9/10 Finished 24th chemo treatment
7/15/10 PET/CT showed excellent response in nodes and breast; possible bone mets
7/16/10 Began Herceptin@ 3 wks and Zometa @6 wks plus Lupron and Femera
7/29/10 Diagnosed with HER+,ER-,PR- skin mets; started Doxil & Cytoxin; no response
11/5/10 PET/CT mets to bone, liver, lung, adrenal; started Xeloda
11/12/10 Brain MRI-Brain Mets, stopped Xeloda, started WBRT 11/16 and Tykerb on 11/19
12/6/10 completed 15 rounds WBRT
12/19/10 restarted Xeloda

mommaS is offline   Reply With Quote